Hours: 22.5 hours per week, typical shift is 8am to 4pm, 3 shifts per week, including weekend working. Rota’s will be provided up to a month in advance and we can offer flexibility. (No Evenings and No Split Shifts)
Salary: £10,845 per annum (£18,075 full time equivalent)
Duration: This is a permanent role which offers realistic salary progression based on annual reviews.
What you'll be doing
You’ll enjoy preparing food from scratch using fresh/seasonal ingredients and will be confident with creating bakes, making, soups, stews, sausage rolls and preparing & presenting food to order served directly to the customers over busy lunchtime periods.
You won’t be required to work nights, split shifts and will be off on Christmas Day as the property is fully closed to the public.
You’ll receive a bespoke induction on appointment - and further professional training & development opportunities are available.
Interviews: This is an immediate start; interviews will be held by appointment on receiving applications.
Who we're looking for
You'll need to be;
• Passionate about food, creative and proactive
• A good team player
• Aware of good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.