Runner – The Ivy
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Runner to join the team at The Ivy.
The Ivy is one of London’s most iconic restaurants and a uniquely British institution with an intimate atmosphere and unmatchable service. The Ivy offers a brasserie style menu, with dishes from around world, simply but beautifully cooked from the finest ingredients.
We expect our Runners to be energetic and be confident working within a busy, fast paced restaurant environment, with the ability to keep calm at all times. As a Runner you will have to take instruction from the senior Chefs and front of house team. A willingness to learn and develop your skills and food knowledge is essential as is being an effective team player. As a key part of the role is running food trays from the kitchen to the restaurant up a flight of stairs the ideal candidates must have a good level of fitness.
The role of a Runner includes:
• Delivery of food to the restaurant in a timely manner
• Effective communication with kitchen and front of house teams to ensure a smooth service
• Setting up of the kitchen passes as instructed by the chef
• Continually developing your knowledge of the menu with the ability to identify dishes
• Ensure that mise en place is stocked prior to service and replenished throughout
• Ensuring the passes are kept clean
• Polishing of cutlery, crockery, silver and glasses
We offer our employees:
• A highly competitive starting remuneration package
• Increased remuneration as you develop and progress in your role
• Structured 2 - 4 week induction programme in the restaurant
• Extensive career development and training opportunities
• Meals on duty
• Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
If you are looking to work in a fast paced and vibrant environment where you will be able to develop your knowledge and skills we would love to hear from you!