Hours: 37.5 hours per week, average shift pattern will be 8:30am - 4:30pm and you'll be working alternate weekends.
Salary: £18.075 per annum
Duration: This is a permanent role which offers realistic salary progression based on annual reviews.
A note from Rach (F&B manager): “ Are you looking to develop your skills in the kitchen and work your way up in the chef industry, without having to do long hours, late nights or Christmas? Then LBrean has the right opportunity for you. It is an exciting time at Brean,we are building on the potential that we have at this incredible site and building a team to help us to deliver our exciting new menu. We are looking for someone to join our fun, ambitious and fast paced team to bake fabulous cakes, bakes, scones as well as main meals soups an snacks to delight our visitors. If this sounds like you then we cannot wait to meet you!”
What you'll be doing
You’ll enjoy preparing food from scratch using fresh/seasonal ingredients and will be confident with creating bakes, making, soups, stews, sausage rolls and preparing & presenting food to order served directly to the customers over busy lunchtime periods.
You won’t be required to work nights, split shifts and will be off on Christmas Day as the property is fully closed to the public.
You’ll receive a bespoke induction on appointment - and further professional training & development opportunities are available.
Interviews: This is an immediate start; interviews will be held by appointment on receiving applications.
Who we're looking for
You'll need to be;
• Passionate about food, creative and proactive
• A good team player
• Aware of good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.