To ensure that the kitchen and related areas are always maintained in a clean and safe condition; observing and maintaining food hygiene standards
- Assist the chef with preparing breakfast items as required for the residents
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules
- To ensure statutory and Company Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to promote excellent food hygiene standards
- To ensure correct storage and labelling of all chilled and perishable goods
- To ensure the tearoom is effectively stocked with drinks and clean service wear for staff and visitors
- Ensure that all water jugs are changed twice daily in residents’ rooms and the correct dates are labelled.
- Keep the food preparation areas clean and ensure all washing up is completed by the end of a shift
- To ensure all kitchen bins are emptied on a regular basis and floors are mopped at the end of the shift.
- To work with the chef to complete the necessary kitchen and food standard audits as required
- Ensure all cleaning products are used in line with COSHH requirements and are stored correctly.
- Ad hoc duties to support other team members in the efficient operation of the kitchen
- To actively display and promote the Company’s Values
- To remain fully compliant on all mandatory training
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents
- To promote Equality and Diversity in the workplace
Our Core Values
P Passion – doing our best all the time
R Respect – listening, understanding and valuing what you tell us
I Integrity – being open, honest, straight-forward and reliable
D Diversity – relating to everyone as an individual
E Excellence – striving to providethe highest quality of support