Breakfast Chef -The Wellington Arms - Hook RG27
Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Red Mist Leisure?
We are looking for a Breakfast Chef to join our team at our Wellington Arms pub, located in picturesque Stratfield Turgis, between Basingstoke and Reading.
Opened in November 2019, The Wellington Arms underwent a complete refurbishment of its pub, 25 bedrooms and function suite.
You will be an enthusiastic Chef who shares our passion for great food. You will be a highly valued and crucial part of the kitchen team, preparing fresh ingredients. This role will give you a great opportunity to hone your skills and grow your repertoire in the kitchen whilst ensuring our breakfast dishes are delicious every time.
- Hourly wage of £9.50 per hour
- Share of gratuities circa £3,000 per annum, paid monthly
- Live-in accommodation is available with this role
- £500 retention bonus
What we need from you
- A passion for great food. We want our menu and specials to express real enthusiasm and love for the fresh ingredients and food
- A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
- An honest, dedicated and hardworking approach
- Enthusiasm. You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results
- A great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and your team members
- Adaptability to be able to work at our other sites within the group as required
- Respect for your colleagues and company equipment
- To be able to maintain consistently exceptional levels of cleanliness
- Consistency. The ability to create great food always. Being able to set an excellent example to the rest of the kitchen team
- Patience. The skills to be able to support with developing others in the kitchen team
- Ambition and drive to keep learning and to succeed
- High standards at all times, ensuring that health and safety procedures are maintained properly
Other support to you
- 3% maximum pension contribution
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs
- Reduced rate if you wish to join the private healthcare scheme with Westfield Health
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- Increased annual leave through length of service.
- Free meals on duty
- Our new induction programme and Career Path offers structured development and career progression, supporting in being ready for new opportunities within a growing business.
- Regular social events and familiarisation trips
- Regular in-house team competitions and recognition awards
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more
- Involvement in our charity days and events
- Refer a friend and earn up to £1,000