Kings Fund, London, W1G 0AN
£40,000 - £45,000
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
As a General Manager you will ensure that the food and beverage operation, meetings, events at Kings Fund are managed in the most effective way to provide a cost effective, efficient and quality service to the client, key stakeholders and all guests. To liaise with key stakeholders, the client and all consumers to lead negotiations pertinent to the business. To ensure all company, client and government legislation is fully implemented and complied with on site. To provide motivational, charismatic and innovative leadership for the operation and all Searcys personnel on site. To demonstrate gravitas in all elements of the remit.
- Drive sales and marketing activity so as to achieve the annual revenue budget and effectively lead and manage the sales and events team.
- Ensure that the location achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations Director to prepare budgets; to achieve and maintain the costs in accordance with the budget.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, the client and all consumers to lead negotiations pertinent to the business.
- Provide motivational, charismatic and innovative leadership for the operation and all Searcys personnel on site.
- Assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Monitor the work of all the managers and carry out appraisals ensuring that information is filed appropriately, with development plans that are actively used.
- Take ownership for the recruitment and selection process within the venue to ensure that we recruit the best talent within the industry.
- Develop and evolve the products/services, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented.
As our General Manager you will possess excellent industry knowledge, strong business acumen and lead your team by example. You will have a proven track record as a General Manager within the industry and have experience running and leading strong hospitality teams. You thrive on getting the best out of people and maximising commercial opportunities and draw satisfaction from managing, training and supporting your team.
As well as the above you provide a professional catering service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met. You must have excellent communication skills, internally and externally with good delegation and influencing skills.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- Discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.