We have an exciting opportunity for a Reception Manager to join our highly successful team at the Covent Garden Hotel. It will be your responsibility as a Reception Manager to oversee the day to day running of the Reception department. You should be a strong people manager who empowers staff and advocates personal growth and development whilst working to provide an unforgettable personalised experience for each and every guest.
Working as part of the management team, you will need to be ambitious and flexible to adapt to a variety of scenario’s and situations. You will be heavily involved in people management; recruitment, training and employee relations ensuring the team are reaching their full potential and delivering a high standard of customer service.
Essential Key Skills
- Previous experience in a high end operation as a Reception Manager or Reception Supervisor
- A hands on approach and ability to assist with the daily operations
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a busy environment
- Excellent customer service skills and communication
- Genuine passion for the hospitality industry and desire to drive hotel’s success forward
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- A high level of understanding of the current hospitality trends and who our competitors are
- Motivate and inspire the reception team
- Manage staff development and conduct annual appraisals
- Maintain and deliver consistent Firmdale standards
- Produce weekly and monthly departmental reports for the Deputy and General
- Create strong working relationships with colleagues and guests
- Complaint handling
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York, offering exclusive training programmes and incredible career development. This a managerial role which means that you will be expected to work the hours as required by the business. You will need to be flexible with the dates and times you are able to work.
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
• We have created safe spaces to work and support our employees receiving lateral flow testing and the Covid 19 Vaccine
• Employee led committees allowing you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
• Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
• Award winning training opportunities (Apprenticeships, WSET, supplier visits and Master Classes to name a few)
• Wellbeing activities and support available to all staff members
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
• Competitive salary
• 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
• Companywide and departmental incentives including a generous refer a friend bonus
• Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
• Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
• Perkbox – An employee platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
• Wait, there’s more! Quarterly team events, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
• Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
• Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
• Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
• HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017
• Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016
• Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016
• Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016
• Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage M