Duration: This is a permanent role which offers realistic annual progression through the pay band which is based on annual reviews.
The Hours: 20 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days which will include weekends and public/ school holidays. There is flexibility and you may work up to 37.5 hours in the summer, with shorter working hours in winter months due to the property opening timetable. There won’t be any evening work or split shifts and you get Christmas Day off; so more time with your family or loved ones.
The wage: £9.30 per hour
A note from Lisa (F&B Manager): “We have a happy and hardworking team here at Pentireglaze. We’re looking for a like-minded F&B team Leader to join us, someone who can demonstrate the ability and drive to ‘hit the ground running’ and who wants to be part of achieving our realistic and fulfilling goals. Our focus is on the future and when you join us you’ll play a vital role in improving our food and drink offer whilst looking for new opportunities to grow our business for the rest of the year and beyond. Every penny we make contributes to maintaining our beautiful coastline and places of interest in North Cornwall, for everyone forever.
If this is the role for you we really can’t wait to meet you!”
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team, the role of F&B team leader plays a core part in providing a fantastic food and service offer to our visitors. You’ll enjoy leading our team to deliver amazing service and maintain our very high standards. You’ll be driving the business forward to ensure every visitor to our café has an unforgettable experience and always on the look out to grow the F&B business.
Interviews: The role is available for an immediate start. Interviews will be held by appointment on receiving applications.
Who we're looking for
You'll need to be;
• Customer focussed with great communication skills both verbal and written
• Passionate about food, creative and proactive
• Aware of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.