We have an exciting opportunity for a Night Manager to join our highly successful team here at The Soho Hotel. Working closely with all Managers it will be your responsibility to oversee the over night operation of the Hotel. You need to be ambitious and flexible to adapt to a variety of scenario’s and situations across the breadth of the business encompassing Events, Food & Beverage, Front Office, Housekeeping and the Kitchen. As a Night Manager, you will need to have the ability to work under pressure to a high standard.
Essential Key Skills
- Previous experience as a Night Manager or Head of Department level within a 5* hotel
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb attention to detail and driven by delivering exceptional standards
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
- Previous knowledge of Micros and Opera is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaison between General Manager, guests and the operational team
- Constant monitoring of our service standards
- Responsible for the security of the hotel during the night
- Conduct regular health and safe checks
- Deliver and maintain the exceptional levels of customer service
- Establish strong and professional relationships with guests
- Attend and manage any incidents or accidents involving guests or staff members
- Operationally support all departments as needed
- Run night audit and produce nightly reports for the senior managers
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York, offering exclusive training programmes and incredible career development. To make your life working in hospitality easier, we are proud to offer permanent roles, working straight shifts, 5 days out of 7. No split shifts to worry about! This a managerial role which means that you will be expected to work the hours as required by the business. You will need to be flexible with the dates and times you are able to work.
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
• We have created safe spaces to work and support our employees receiving lateral flow testing and the Covid 19 Vaccine
• Employee led committees allowing you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
• Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
• Award winning training opportunities (Apprenticeships, WSET, supplier visits and Master Classes to name a few)
• Wellbeing activities and support available to all staff members
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
• Competitive salary
• 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
• Companywide and departmental incentives including a generous refer a friend bonus
• Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
• Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
• Perkbox – An employee platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
• Wait, there’s more! Quarterly team events, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
• Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
• Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
• Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
• HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017
• Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016
• Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016
• Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016
• Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage Manager of the Year”, Hotel Cateys 2015
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.