The Queens Hotel Brighton is considered one of the best hotels in Brighton where you are guaranteed a warm welcome from our friendly and professional team. The purpose of this role is to provide a warm, friendly and efficient food and beverage service to our guests, ensuring exceptional service standards are always delivered and maintained in line with our guest expectations.
As a Chef, your main duties would include preparing food as orders come in. Keeping kitchen clean and complying with all food safety laws.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Prepare all dishes as per food Spec
- Work with the other chefs to develop an exciting menu
- Inform team of any not available dishes and any specials
- Suggest food and beverages to add to our menu to your line manager
- Clean kitchen at all times in line with food safety laws
- Store and label all foods in line with regulations
- Perform pot wash duties when pot wash not on duty
- Fill in for absent staff as needed
- Ensure all admin in kitchen always up to date, such as fridge recording temperatures etc
- Co - ordinate with colleagues to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction
- Serve food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order
- Ensure the use of the Dumb Waiter
- Control food stock, minimise and record wastage
- Adhere to food safety when in kitchen at all times
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Understand and communicate products and services available at the property
- Assist with stocking and maintaining the Food and Beverage outlets par stock levels and
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- You will report all potential and real hazards immediately to the Head Chef or Duty Manager, including faulty equipment.
- You will be fully aware of hotel emergency procedures (fire & accident) You will be required to attend all Health & Safety / Fire Safety training provided for you by the hotel, and will be expected to have and maintain a general awareness of Health & Safety in relation to all tasks undertaken in the hotel.
- Gym membership
- 28 Days holiday (Inclusive of bank holidays)
- Mental Health & Well-being programme
- Staff discounts provider (Retail, Holidays, restaurants etc.)
- Free benefits (Free Cinema Ticket every month, Mobile phone insurance, Free hot drinks)