Inner Temple, London, EC4Y
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
As a Floor Manager at Searcys you ensure the effective management and efficient service of the catering operation within the Inner Temple. You will implement and manage procedures to ensure the successful smooth operation of all catering areas, and will be responsible for the management and execution of a wide range of internal and external events.
- Work as part of a team and lead by example.
- Supervising the service of a daily seated buffet lunch, ensuring staff are prepped and briefed on the daily menu and are ready for service.
- To be flexible to work in all service areas including, the staff restaurant, Pegasus Bar, Inner Temple Gardens, Marquee, Temple Church and Church Court Yard.
- To manage the opening and closing duties for the catering operation and ensure all aspects are complete before dismissing the team.
- To brief teams at the start of each service or event and ensure all tasks are allocated accordingly and team members have clear directions.
- To implement and consistently monitor the practice of all standard operating procedures (SOPs) and requirements across the catering operation.
- Manage costs including labour, food, drink, and other resources
- To be confident in communications with; valued guests, senior figures at the venue, various departments, and members of the management team.
- To assist in the effective management of any negative feedback, complaints, or client issues.
- To support and manage the training and development of the FOH team in line with company and venue standards, promoting best practice and seeking excellence.
- To ensure that all legislative and Government guidelines are adhered to, including (but not exclusively) The Food Safety Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, the COSHH regulations, etc. within the roles of responsibility.
- To manage the team members per shift or event and ensure all aspects of the function sheet have been actioned and prepared.
- To assist in the onboarding, sign in and out of all team members including agency staffing and report any absences/lateness to management immediately.
- To implement and manage a schedule to ensure all equipment and silver items required for operations are cleaned and maintained on a scheduled basis and that any faults or issues are reported to the relevant manager.
- To assist the BOH Manager to manage stock counts of glasses, crockery, cutlery and other equipment as directed and ensure any breakages are recorded and communicated on a regular basis.
- To attend all training and development courses as requested by management and the Inner Temple.
- To represent Searcys and Inner Temple in a professional manner at all times in your behaviour, appearance and knowledge.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required by management.
- At least 2 years' managing/supervising events in a 5-star catering/events establishment or hotel.
- Proven track record of managing a FOH team in a catering environment.
- Experience liaising with and managing staffing agencies and their team members.
- Valid Level 1 Food Safety Certificate.
- Personal licence is desirable.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.