Inner Temple, London, EC4Y
£22,000 - £23,000
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
Main function of the role:
- To play an integral part in ensuring the smooth running of all aspects of the catering operation within Inner Temple over a 7-day period
- To have a keen attention to detail as they carry out all basic cleaning duties
- To ensure all cleaning duties are carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible
- To effectively work under pressure to achieve 5* service standards at the same time as being flexible
- To ensure all areas of the kitchens and service areas on all floors are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness, providing a clean and safe working area following Searcys Health and Safety requirements
- To work in all areas of the kitchen according to a weekly rota
- To be flexible to working in all kitchens, serveries, staff canteens and external reception spaces including, but not exclusively to, the Garden, Marquee, Terrace, Church and the Church Courtyard area
- To ensure all areas are regularly checked for maintenance and repairs, reporting any problem to a member of the management team
- To maintain all catering storage areas, ensuring they are always organised and clean
- To ensure all Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements are being adhered to as described in the Searcys Health & Safety Policy
- To comply with all legal requirements with reference to, but not exclusively, fire regulations, security, licence requirements and any Local Authority or Client stipulations
- To receive, count, inspect and store goods and/or equipment and dispensing or disposing them to/from departments as and when required
- To be involved with some food preparation and service will be required
- Waste management
- To undertake any reasonable task as required around the business needs
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and externally
- Takes the initiative
- Excellent time management
- Must be a supportive team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate high level of organisation
- Excellent record keeping.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.