Inner Temple, London, EC4Y
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
Main function of the role:
- To aid the operational productivity of the unit and its operating standards
- To work alongside the kitchen brigade to manage the daily kitchen activities, including overseeing and aiding menu preparation
- To ensure food quality and freshness is maintained through all production to the required specification
- To monitor the ordering of stock and stock control to ensure the department operates at the required set levels
- To deputise for the Head Chef in their absence
- To lead the kitchen operation across all sections and outlets as the senior chef
- To provide guidance to junior chefs and porters, including but not limited to preparation, cooking and plating of menu dishes
- To oversee and organise sections stock and ingredients, both preparation and stock holding
- To ensure a first in – first out rotation system and check all food is correctly dated, labelled and organised in line with food safety policy
- To mentor and train all junior chefs and new chefs to the kitchen and menu standards as set by both site specific and company standards
- To manage food and produce ordering with the Head Chef by keeping record of waste, stock holding and food cost concerns
- To supervise all section food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and set standards are achieved
- To work with both the Head Chef and Executive Chef to maintain kitchen organisation, staff ability and training opportunities
- To control each sections food storage area and maintain them to the required standard and that they are consistently well managed and clean
- To assist the Executive Chef with future menu creations as needed for the business needs
- To undertake any reasonable task as required around the business needs
- Formal culinary training.
- At least 3 years’ kitchen experience within a similar venue
- Previous production and event work
- Good foundation of Health and Safety as well as Food Safety
- Level 3 Food Safety Management via NCASS or Equivalent
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.