Roaming Sous Chef
Roaming Sous Chef
To support our mission of to create a collection of iconic pubs and country inns, celebrating the best of British and supporting our local heroes with all things food.
Overview of the role
• Play a supportive and lead role in the performance of the chef team alongside your Head Chef
• To manage things quickly and effectively when things aren’t going to plan.
• To give a great induction to new team members making sure they understand who we are and how your team works.
• To assist in the completion of 6/12-month reviews and agree objectives and set personal development plans.
• To help prepare and check rotas to ensure that staffing levels are in line with the agreed budget. Adjusting staff levels, to meet business requirements.
• Be a role model to your team and bringing the best version of you to work.
• Take a lead role in delivering the training plan within the kitchen team, ensuring your team have the tools and the skills to do the job expected.
• To champion the culture and reward initiatives within the kitchen
• To ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard and complies with food safety regulations.
• To support, supervise, train and motivate team to achieve high standards of quality, consistency and presentation
• To aid the Head Chef in planning and implementing all new menus.
• To help ensure that all commodities are on site, at appropriate stock levels to service the customers.
• To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
• To adhere to company policy while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe systems of work appropriate to your role.
• To have a complete understanding of the pub’s procedure in the event of a fire.
• When undertaking purchasing for the department, ensure that it is within the company guidelines
• To participate in the monthly, stocktake, to action any discrepancies immediately.
• To understand and work with your Head Chef to undertake all budgetary controls to achieve budgeted gross profit. Consideration given to stock control and rotation, purchasing, price and portion control, and wastage
• To engage with guests, monitor, act on feedback. To champion guest interaction and ensure they remain at the heart of everything we do.
• To help your Head Chef design, engineer new menus, ideas and innovation that assist you and your colleagues
• To grow opportunities to engage with the neighbourhood and maximise PR opportunities available to the pub.
• To support your partner in any people initiatives and programmes.
• To ensure the pubs knowledge of competitor businesses is relevant and up to date
• To help drive and active social media presence in relation to social media, being locally famous for the food you serve and the guests you serve it to.
The skills which would help in this role
Be a role model, immaculate in presentation and comfortable talking out front with both our guests and teams
A passion for all things food and learning to be a great leader, coach, and trainer of others.
Good attention to detail around food specification, cooking methods and of course the invoicing of good we receive.
A positive approach to bringing a bit of fun and engagement at the pub.