Drinks Buyer (Maternity Cover)
JW Lees is now recruiting for a Drinks Buyer (Maternity Cover - 6 month FTC) to join the Purchasing Team.
About the Role
We are looking for a commercially aware, motivated and enthusiastic individual who has excellent knowledge of the hospitality sector.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Day to day responsibility for the buying of all drink products
- Ensuring best commercially attractive range for the whole business
- Keep our range in line with competition / awareness of trends - Identifying gaps and introducing of new products to the business
- Work with our stock controller to manage stock levels to ensure that all products lines are available but stock levels are kept to a minimum.
- Assess the trade-off between UK and overseas supply
- Ownership of products through the whole life cycle
- Actively manage supplier relationships to improve pricing agreements and achieve best in class service levels.
- Identify new suppliers.
- Coordinating of wine lists and tastings (with external customers and internal stakeholders) – promoting the business and our products
- Administration and communication of price changes
- Supporting sales when preparing quotations
- Ensuring all costings and prices are continually maintained
- Be the expert for drink products for the business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record of wholesale buying or proven track record in sales and able to demonstrate an ability to apply experience to the purchasing arena.
- WSET Level 3 Award in Wine & Spirits
- Commercially aware; interested in our products, customers, competition, markets and how the business works
- Substantial experience of the hospitality sector, particularly working with breweries, pub companies and free trade sectors
- Extensive negotiation experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and to display good judgement and identify risks and initiate contingency plans
- Excellent communication skills
About JW Lees:
JW Lees is a sixth-generation family brewery company which was founded in 1828. We are based in Middleton in North Manchester and own JW Lees Brewery, JW Lees Pubs, The Alderley Edge Hotel, The Trearddur Bay Hotel and Willoughby’s Wine Merchants.
Our six values run through everything we do, and we’ll expect that you are…
- Proud: Proud of JW Lees, our people, our pubs, our beers and our food.
- Savvy: Understands what matters, plugged in to the world and never afraid to admit when we’ve made a mistake.
- Honest: We’ll always do what we say and always be straight with each other.
- Passionate: You’ve got to love what you do, otherwise you shouldn’t be doing it.
- Personal: Giving the personal time and attention to every customer and team member, no-one's a number here!
- Together: True team spirit, no one-upmanship, in it together for the long term, helping all to succeed.