It all started when Thom and James (our founders) quit their jobs and decided to fly to Italy to explore and learn everything there is to know about pizza. Once back, they opened the first Pizza Pilgrims Market stall in Soho...Years have gone by and we have expanded to 16 pizzerias and 2 brands - Pizza Pilgrims and Slice!
Slice is a place where Neapolitan pizza meets New York Slice joint. Metre long pizzas, sliced into giant 12" slices.
As Second Chef in Slice your role is to support the Head Chef with the overall management of the kitchen team, ensuring that everyone is fully trained, supported, and developed. You will also support the Head Chef to drive food quality and results that have an overall impact on the Pizzeria's success.
Your main duties will be:
- Taking care of ‘business’ (aka the Pizzeria) - It is important that you can work closely with your Head Chef and the wider management team to ensure that your pizzeria is a success. This will involve the control of costs, managing stocks, GP and labour.
- Food, quality & safety - When managing the shift you will be responsible for setting a high standard for food quality and maintaining it within the pizzeria.
- Leading & Supporting the Team - We would say it's the best part of the role. Working closely with the Head Chef leading and motivating your team, supporting their training and development and induction of new team members and creating that great pilgrims vibe we all love to work in every day.
Some perks of working with us
- We invest in your growth and development we have a dedicated Training Academy
- Pay you a competitive hourly rate + tronc
- Hold two full staff parties for everyone throughout the year, we even close our pizzerias on these days so everyone can join i
- Happiness Day - an extra day of holiday for you to do something that makes you happy
- 28 days of holiday plus an additional day for every year worked
- And there is free pizza...always.