PLEASE NOTE WAGE ADVERTISED IS FOR 16-17 YEAR OLDS. NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE FOR AGE IS PAID
If your ambition is to build a career in a long established, successful family run business, where guests come first and quality is paramount, come and join us as a Chef. We’re independent, so believe in investing in the future and we love home-grown talent. We treat all our people like part of the family – you’ll be respected, trained, coached and encouraged to grow in confidence, to achieve more than you thought you were capable of.As an Apprentice you will complete a 12 month on the job training programme, – so you can earn whilst you learn with our apprenticeship partner HIT Training. From here you can continue the apprenticeship pathway or McMullen’s own in house training scheme.
The successful candidate will undertake the Level 2 Production Chef apprenticeship https://hittraining.co.uk/production-chef-apprenticeshipSo, if you’re as passionate as we are about fresh food and would enjoy helping to create a seriously relaxed country dining experience, with full table service, a classic British menu and daily specials, then you could be our next Chef at Destination Inns, an important part of the McMullen Family.
We can offer you…
- A competitive salary
- An achievable bonus scheme
- Enhanced rate of pay for working on key Bank Holidays
- A share of gratuities
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development through McMullen’s GROW Programme if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who treat people as a name, not a number
- Full chef uniform
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.