Events Staff Freelance
Casual Events Crew required for a unique floating events venue based in Paddington!
We offer the flexibility to choose your shifts and competitive rates of pay. Mostly evening and weekend work throughout our peak summer season in July & August but opportunity to work with us on a more long-term basis if you enjoy the work.
- London Living Wage provider
- Weekly pay
- Flexible shifts
- Immediate start
- Training provided
- Unique and exciting venue with great clients
The Electric Barge is a unique floating events venue based on the Grand Union Canal in Paddington. We operate catered canal cruises along the Regent’s Canal between Paddington and Kings Cross. Perfect for birthdays, wedding receptions, hen & stag dos and office parties, our busy venue is reopening in July, and we are looking for casual events crew to help deliver meaningful and memorable events for our clients.
- Pre-event set up of furniture, bar, catering and other equipment as required.
- Welcoming guests & clients on board for their event.
- Assist with bar service, food service and glass collection/ replenishment during the event.
- Take payments for drinks and food at the bar.
- Assist the Skipper in communicating with other canal users, boat safety and fending as instructed.
- Attend to guest requirements and provide attentive and friendly service during the cruise.
- Assist with safe guest boarding and disembarkation.
- Post-event clearing, cleaning and restocking.
- Ensure that guests have an enjoyable event and that their needs are met.
- Provide information about the organisation and charity for guests if requested.
- Ensure bar, cabin and bathrooms are clean and presentable for the duration of the cruise. Covid-19 cleaning procedures should be adhered to.
- Experience in the hospitality industry in a customer facing role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An upbeat and can-do attitude.
- Sound judgement and a proactive mindset.
- The ability to engage positively with others with a friendly & welcoming approach.
- A good command of spoken English.
- The right to work in the UK (you will be asked to provide proof at the interview stage).
Salary & Work Pattern
This is a freelance role; you need a UTR number for invoicing, and you must be available to work on weekends.
Our Events Manager will be in touch regularly to share details of upcoming shifts and you may apply for those which suit your schedule. Shifts will be predominantly on weekends and evenings.
The rate of pay for this role is £10.85 per hour. For those who excel and show outstanding commitment to the job, we offer the opportunity to progress into a supervisory role with a higher hourly rate.
All our events are delivered in a fully covid compliant manner. Provisions & adaptations have been made to all our events to ensure they are safely delivered as per the required guidelines and risk assessments.
The Electric Barge is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a workforce that is representative of the community it serves at all levels of the organisation. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community. For more details on our Equal Opportunities Policy, please contact us.