We have an exciting opportunity for a Room Service Manager to join our highly successful team, managing the food and beverage operation at the Number Sixteen Hotel. Located on a quiet street in South Kensington, the hotel comprises of 42 individually designed bedrooms, drawing room and library as well as a private leafy garden and conservatory which serve excellent food and afternoon tea all day long. Your main responsibility will be to oversee the daily operations. You will be working alongside senior management and team members, to ensure that the highest level of customer service is being delivered and the expectations of our guests are consistently exceeded. This role will be available from August 2021.
Essential Key Skills
• Prior experience working in boutique 4* or 5* properties in a managerial role
• Demonstrate a key passion for Food and Beverage
• Understand how the Room Service function within a hotel works
• An extensive knowledge of food, drink, quality products and ingredients
• Confidence to understand our Food and Beverage menu in regards to its contents, mis-en-place and condiments
• Understand the current market and an idea of who our potential competitors are
• Previous experience managing and developing a team
• Capable of motivating a team through training and solid leadership
• Strong communication skills, to effectively communicate with different departments of the hotel
• Excellent attention to detail to deliver inspirational service to all of our guests
Duties and Responsibilities
• All operational responsibilities of the Orangery, garden, library, drawing room, room service and mini bar
• Ongoing training sessions with the team members on service standards and product knowledge
• Detailed handovers with the senior management team
• Menu development in conjunction with the Head Chef
• Compilation of food and beverage promotional calendar
• Monitor daily and monthly sales
• Ensure that any upselling opportunities within the hotel are being utilised
• Establish strong and professional relationships with our guests, ensuring that an inspirational service is delivered at all times
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York, offering exclusive training programmes and incredible career development. This a managerial role which means that you will be expected to work the hours as required by the business. You will need to be flexible with the dates and times you are able to work.
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
• We have created safe spaces to work and support our employees receiving lateral flow testing and the Covid 19 Vaccine
• Employee led committees allowing you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
• Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
• Award winning training opportunities (Apprenticeships, WSET, supplier visits and Master Classes to name a few)
• Wellbeing activities and support available to all staff members
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
• Competitive salary
• 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
• Companywide and departmental incentives including a generous refer a friend bonus
• Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
• Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
• Perkbox – An employee platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
• Wait, there’s more! Quarterly team events, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
• Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
• Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
• Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
• HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017
• Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016
• Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016
• Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016
• Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage Manager of the Year”, Hotel Cateys 2015
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.