Geronimos Play Centre and Lazer Zone, located in the Palace Arcade, Rhyl promenade have an exciting opportunity for a Café Manager to join its team. The role will report to The Palace Manager, but has autonomy in managing the day to day running of the play centre, the food and beverage offering and the team who work within it.
We are looking for an individual who has some food and beverage experience, a passion for working in a fun, busy, vibrant environment and is able to motivate and lead the team to ensure excellent standards and levels of service. You will have a flair for hospitality and the ability to work under pressure, by demonstrating fantastic customer care skills. In return we offer a competitive salary, a great team environment and opportunity to gain training and development in management skills and compliance for both food safety and health and safety.
You will have responsibility for managing business performance of Geronimos, Lazer Zone and the Café ensuring that budgeted targets are achieved for all the equipment within your managed areas and that high operating standards are adhered to.
- To ensure the efficient day to day running of Geronimos Café, Play Area and Lazer Zone.
- Ensure risk assessments are in place and regularly reviewed to ensure the safety of customers and staff alike.
- Through regular inspection to ensure that interior and exterior standards are maintained at a high level, where necessary liaising with the Site Manager on remedial action.
- Ensure any customer queries or concerns are dealt with in a prompt and polite manner.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure that the café is fully stocked and operational at all times whilst ensuring the best possible value for money.
- Motivation of staff to contribute to the maximum efficiency in the day to day running of the site. Ensure a good working environment is established.
- To create and encourage a welcoming atmosphere within Geronimos and Lazer Zone; acknowledging and greeting customers wherever possible.
You will be expected to optimise the running of the operation, lead and motivate your team ensuring a good working environment is established.
All Applicants MUST:
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of working in the leisure industry
- Have great customer service and communication skills and a positive, outgoing personality.
- Be honest, reliable, responsible individuals with a strong work ethic.
- Be available weekdays and weekends - variable shifts.
- Be able to follow instructions and comply with ALL company standards
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Self directed with a high degree of self motivation
The benefits of working with us:
- A competitive salary dependent on skills and experience
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Access to the BenefitHub - helps you make savings across a range of products and services.
- Great career possibilities which include the opportunities to travel the globe (Asia, Europe, Dubai, USA, etc.) and work in some of the world’s most amazing locations Career opportunities.
Head to the careers page of our website www.hbleisure.com/careers to complete the online application form.
All applications for this role are to be submitted via the application process explained above. Strictly NO agency calls or agency CV submissions will be accepted.
HB Leisure (HBL) is the world's leading attraction partner for skill games and amusements across the globe. Established in 1927, HBL operates 80 sites in 20 countries and employs approximately 2500 people during peak season.