A Sommelier working at Cinnamon Collection will hold the following responsibilities:
- Acts as an aid to the restaurant management team
- Supports the Head Sommelier and FOH team
- Follows The Cinnamon standards and procedures.
- Restaurant Management team
- Executive Chef, Head Chef and Head Sommelier
- Heads of Department, General Manager, Commercial Director and CEO
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Advising customers on the best choice of wine for their meal.
- Selecting wines and beverages and pairing them to the food menu.
- Making sure other waiting staff understand the wine list.
- Serving drinks at the correct temperature and in the correct manner.
- Ordering, controlling and rotating stock.
- Liaising with sales people and dealing with deliveries.
- Managing the cellar and wine fridges.
- Clean glassware and other equipment such as trolleys, decanters, ice buckets, coasters and bottle holders.
- Do manual work in the cellar.
- A thorough knowledge of world wines and other drinks.
- A good palate for wine.
- Good communication and selling skills.
A willingness to work as part of a team.
Ensure all wine and beverage orders are delivered in a timely manner
A strong commitment to customer service.
- To ensure smooth running of table service on the floor by working openly with the floor team
- To have an excellent knowledge of the menu – food and wine
- To aid the restaurant management team in training
- To lead by example
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you...