Zapp is building the future of convenience with a full stack approach to on-demand essential items, 24/7, delivered in minutes. Customer obsession is at the heart of everything we do, and from founders to riders we are relentlessly focused on delighting our customers. We are backed by the world's leading investors and our team has scale-up and exit experience at companies such as Amazon, Jumia, Deliveroo, Tesco, Stuart and Just Eat. If you’re ready to help build the world’s most customer-focused company, get in touch.
As our Shift Supervisor you will be right at the heart of our business supervising the daily operations in our stores. You will be responsible for overseeing the employee performance of our pickers and riders during your shift as well as making sure that all processes are executed at an excellent level. These processes include zero error and fast picking of orders, correct stocking of our inventory, a clean and organized dark store, as well as rider readiness to deliver our products at all times. Ultimately, you will ensure that we can deliver an amazing experience to our Zapp customers!
- Ensure that customer orders are assembled correctly and on time
- Make sure that our delivery riders are ready to go and prepared at all times to deliver the items at pace and to the correct address
- Professionally handle any potential customer issues in a hyper “customer obsessed” way and minimizing them going forward
- Make sure inventory stock is received, controlled, and stored on the shelves
- Ensure inventory accuracy through cycle counts and a tight inbound process
- Supervise and coach Dark Store associates on their shifts
- Maintain a clear and tidy warehouse and ensure that any potential hazards are dealt with safely, quickly, and efficiently
- Lead by example by finding solutions to problems quickly and rolling up your sleeves at all times to deliver on our Zapp standards
- At least 2-3 years experience working in fast-paced environments, preferably in food retail
- Ideally you have managed a team before
- Work experience in a similar environment, e.g. 2 years in Warehouse Management, Fast Food/QSR Management or Hospitality Management
- Must be willing to work late evenings and weekends
- Strong organizational skills with focus on excellent time management and resource planning
- Able to express ideas and guidance in a clear, concise manner through verbal and written communication to the relevant stakeholders
- Availability to start in-person in London as soon as possible
- Passion for start-ups, on-demand services and excellent customer experience
- Attention to detail whilst not sacrificing speed and scalability
- Hands-on mentality, willing to roll your sleeves up
- Entrepreneurial mindset — comfortable in a highly ambiguous environment, able to take responsibility from day one and work independently by following processes and own directions
- 25-30k salary and equity package
- Health & Wellness package with Collective
- Extended sick pay and maternity / paternity leave pay
- We will contribute 3% to your pension
- Benefit from Zapp discount
- Be part of a fast-growing company and a super motivated team
At Zapp we embrace diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment. We firmly believe that a variety of backgrounds & perspectives make our team stronger and brings our product closer to the customer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.