The duties will include:
- Preparing and cooking ingredients necessary and assisting in all sections of the kitchen as directed by the Head Chef
- Maintaining high levels of service
- Assisting and monitoring stock, including stock rotation
- Ensuring minimum kitchen wastage
- Keeping all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross-contamination
- Learning skills and recipes from other members of the department and applying them
- Complying with all company policies and procedures and all statutory regulations and food hygiene policies
- Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Food Hygiene, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Any other reasonable duties required by the Head Chef or General Manager
Thinking about your future
Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you will be made into a commis chef with a view to moving you into another one of our other 5 kitchens within the group, so you can continue to expand your knowledge with new menus and teams. Your training will be completely supported by us and we work in partnership with HIT training, a specialist Hospitality training provider who fully support you without the need for day release at College.
Who is this job for?
Experience in a kitchen would be great but the main skills needed are passion, determination, and the ability to get stuck in. Everyone works as hard as each other and we need people who are going to be as supportive to their colleagues as they will be to you.
Please also research the location before applying, applicants who have no transport must ensure they have a reasonable public transport commute which can accommodate late evening finishes.