Bar Team Leader (Full-Time)
- IHG Hotels & Resorts
At Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel, we have an exciting opening to join our team as a Bar Team Leader…
We are looking for someone who can commit to Full-Time, across 5 shifts per week (all hours worked are paid for). Being flexible would be a great plus as we are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days.
At Kimpton we encourage our Team Members to Be Yourself, Lead Yourself and Make it Count! We will be there to support you each step of the way, encouraging you to thrive in your role and develop additional skills within the wider Hotel!
We are paying £12.60 per hour plus service charge, all hours worked paid for.
As a Bar Team Leader, your main duties and responsibilities will be supporting our F&B Manager to run the restaurant and bar to a high standard, providing training to team members to ensure that they are confident in their roles and dealing with any escalated service recoveries. You will mainly be working in the bar, however you will also be supporting the wider restaurant team - so knowledge of wines, spirits and cocktails is essential! To smash this role out of the park, the key skills & experience you’ll ideally already have are:
- Experience as a Team Leader, Supervisor or Assistant Manager in a Bar environment (preferably within a wider Restaurant)
- Knowledge of wines, spirits and cocktails - passionate about delivering excellent customer service and customising their service to ensure they leave with a smile on their face!
- Experience of training team members, mentoring them and providing support when needed
- Overall, you will be someone keen to give our guests excellent service, help the wider team where needed and support the running of our Bar and Restaurant!
So why work for us (aside from joining an awesome team…)? Well, look no further!
- £12.60 per hour plus service charge and free meals whilst on duty!
- Incentives to earn more each month with gratuities (where eligible) being paid monthly through our Tronc system…
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata) after further service
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates allowing you explore destinations across the world (IHG Hotels and Resorts have over 6,000 Hotels and growing)
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts off your supermarket shop, other shopping and experiences through our portal!
- Employee assistance programme 24/7 and employee healthcare plan with access to on site Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- 2 paid volunteering days per year, giving you the room to make a difference to your local community and get involved with social issues you really care about
- Most importantly, we’ll give you room to grow and develop you as an individual through our extensive training, development, and additional learning opportunities!
What is it like to work for Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel?
At Kimpton our shared mission is to make people’s lives better through heartfelt human connections. This emotional investment drives all that we do and its why you will love working here. As Bill Kimpton said, “we don’t work in the hotel and restaurant industry, we work in the industry of living and enjoying life”. At Kimpton Blythswood Square we want to deliver a ridiculously personal service to all our guests whether they are relaxing in our Spa or enjoying sustainably sourced Scottish seafood in our iasg restaurant. Our team are focussed on providing our guests with 5* service and making heartfelt human connections with our team members too. Who you are is who we are, if you want to work in a hugely diverse team where everyone is welcome – this is the place for you!
Does this sound like a team you would love to be a part of? If so, please apply today and check out our Instagram page @kimptonblythswoodsquare!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
Similar searches: Hotels, Glasgow City