- Grays, Essex
- £35,000 / Monday to Friday, term time only
Do you want to join a market leading catering supplier with over 30 years' industry experience?
Do you want the opportunity to develop personally and professionally?
Do you want to join an exceptional team that delivers operational excellence?
We are currently recruiting for a dedicated and driven Chef Manager to join our Catering team within our Academy business division. This role will be based at our prestigious educational site in Gray’s, Essex and will report to the Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering our outstanding food and drink offering to our clients and site visitors. And catering for 30 students and 35 members of staff daily.
What are the main responsibilities of the role?
- To coordinate and manage all catering and associated services at appointed premises.
- Food production in line with the company recipes, cooked and presented to a high specification.
- Planning and the promotion of menus, stock control and EDI ordering of all supplies.
- To always be responsible for the security of the unit money.
- To recruit all local unit Team Members as agreed with the Operations Manager and appraise all unit Team Members on an agreed time scale.
What are we looking for?
- A driven and enthusiastic employee
- A great “Home Cook”
- Someone who is willing to attain the highest standards possible.
- We are looking for an employee that is autonomous in their approach but also happy to work well in a team.
- Ideally you will have your food handling certificate – but don’t worry if you don’t, we can help you achieve this!
- A background in contract catering would be ideal but not essential.
- City & Guilds 706/1 and 706/2 or level 2 diploma in Professional Cookery (or equivalent).
- Food Safety Level 3 would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety and food safety.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills as you will be interacting with the customer base and onsite clients.
- A real passion for food and service, with the ability to prepare and cook good quality seasonal food.
We reward all our staff for their exceptional hard work and dedication. Our employees can benefit from:
- A free meal when on shift.
- To save you on your laundry costs, we will provide you with a set of workwear based upon the number of days you work each week.
- We will provide you with safety footwear from the day you start.
- Personalised career development via our Learning & Development platform
- Industry leading progression opportunities!
- Wide range of retail discounts
- 20% Discount at “The Gym” - 200 sites nationally
- Discounted Merlin Passes for all employees.
- Up to 40% Discount on RAC Membership
- Up to 30% off Microsoft office 360 Packages
- Win monthly Food Co Directors Star Award worth £50 of shopping vouchers.
- All monthly winners are entered into the Annual Star of the Year Award – Winner receives £1000 holiday vouchers.
Academy Catering is part of the Atalian Servest Group, one of the Global Leaders in Contract Catering.
We have 3 specialist brands within our catering division, which are:
• Angel Hill
• Academy and
• Groundhouse Coffee
Our catering division provides bespoke catering solutions in every sector and business type. We offer a full range of catering services, including full counter services, coffee & deli bars, hospitality & events. If this sounds like the sort of business you would like to join, then please do not hesitate to get in touch!
How to apply
Please click apply now and complete the application process!
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal-opportunity employer and are proud of the diversity represented across our business. In 2021 we won the IWFM award for our diversity and inclusion initiative, CHROMA and we are proud to have also achieved the Disability Confident Level 2 Standard as well as being signatories of the Race at Work Charter and Mental Health at Work Commitment.
Similar searches: Restaurants, Catering, Café & Leisure, Grays