We have an exciting opportunity for a Hotel Controller to join our highly successful team at The Soho Hotel. Your main responsibility as a Hotel Controller will be to oversee the stock control of the hotel.
You will be organised and manage stock levels and stock rotation effectively. You will have excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel. As Hotel Controller you will report directly to the General Manager on all financial aspects of the hotel.
Essential Key Skills
- Previous experience as a Hotel Controller in Hotel or Restaurant
- Organised and logical approach to work
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in training and development
- Experience using Micros and Filehound
- Strong analytical skills
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
- A clear understanding of the financial aspects of the business
- Accurately record all deliveries and monitor stock levels
- Ensure all stock is available across the hotel departments
- Supervise Goods Receiver
- Analyse and create financial reports for General Manager
- Undertake monthly stocktake audits
- Review and correct P&L reports
- Process all invoices on Filehound System
- Assist with the preparation on the annual budget
- Maintain budgeted cost of sales
- Oversee hotel expenses
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York, offering exclusive training programmes and incredible career development. This a managerial role which means that you will be expected to work the hours as required by the business. You will need to be flexible with the dates and times you are able to work.
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
• We have created safe spaces to work and support our employees receiving lateral flow testing and the Covid 19 Vaccine
• Employee led committees allowing you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
• Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
• Award winning training opportunities (Apprenticeships, WSET, supplier visits and Master Classes to name a few)
• Wellbeing activities and support available to all staff members
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
• Competitive salary
• 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
• Companywide and departmental incentives including a generous refer a friend bonus
• Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
• Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
• Perkbox – An employee platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
• Wait, there’s more! Quarterly team events, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
• Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
• Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
• Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
• HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017
• Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016
• Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016
• Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016
• Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage Manager of the YeaJob Description Here....