- Individual Inns
- Brigsteer Brow, Brigsteer, Kendal LA8 8AN
- £28,000 plus tips, £500 summer bonus, and accom.
Assistant manager – Wheatsheaf Brigsteer, Salary £28,000 plus tips, £500 summer bonus, and accommodation available!
Would you prefer to work within a family business where your voice is heard? Robinsons is one of oldest and most respected names in British brewing history with a range of unique and award winning pubs, inns and hotels across the North West, North Wales and Cumbria.
The Wheatsheaf is a multi award winning,17th century Individual Inn. Situated in the heart of the picturesque village of Brigsteer on the edge of the Lyth Valley close to Kendal and Windermere, the surrounding area is a haven for visitors who wish to explore the fantastic countryside.
As an Assistant Manager you will support the General Manager to lead the team to drive sales across all areas the business including accommodation and functions. If you’re experienced at coordinating great teams in the hospitality or catering industries then read on, you won’t be disappointed!
The ideal Assistant Manager will have experience in all aspects of working in a high volume food-led operation, including management of a large team. As well as supporting the training and development the team to reach their full potential, you will inspire and nurture the next level of management.
You will have a passion for fresh quality food and a sound knowledge of real ales. With an enthusiastic and vibrant personality, you will have the willingness to ‘role your sleeves up’ and muck in - no job is too small, especially during busy service periods when it's all hands-on deck.
Keeping up to date with licensing legislation and taking legal responsibility for the premises, along with ensuring all health and safety requirements are maintained is essential. Experience in managing Best Practice operations and Cellar Management is also a must. Previous relevant experience in the hospitality industry is a pre-requisite.
Join the family – we’ve got lots to offer you…
- A competitive rate of pay and share of tips
- £500 Summer bonus
- A 25% discount on food, drink and accommodation through the employee discount card
- 50% off food during shifts
- Exclusive discounts at over 800 retailers through our employee reward scheme
- 28 days paid annual leave and holiday pay
- Access to a NEST pension
- Ongoing personal development and career progression
- Access to fully paid apprenticeships for your team
- Access to wellbeing and mental health management programmes
- Access to ‘healthcare cashplan’ via BAR – affordable monthly medical cover for dental, optical and other medical / consultation treatments
- Live in available
- Stability in a family business that has been around since 1838!
If you are looking for a career with a progressive company, taking on interesting and exciting challenges each day, then get in touch today!
Similar searches: Hotels, Pubs and Bars, Kendal