Ridley Road Market bar is an independent and inclusive late-night Dalston venue which has been open for ten years.
Known as the place for a great night out that’s memorable, super fun, easily accessible and low-key, we welcome everyone and do what we can to serve a positive purpose within the community which includes our customers, staff, collaborators, artists and DJ's.
We operate a socially responsible business within a night-life culture that is increasingly under threat. We value and accept unique identities and enjoy being able to offer products of quality along with equal access through low prices and mostly free entry. We treat our staff with respect, agency and living wages.
We celebrate nightlife as a unique space to showcase art, music and culture and are committed to fostering diverse female/ nb/ gnc DJ talent.
We are at 49 Ridley Road, E8 and open from 6pm Tuesday - Sunday.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for two energetic Duty Managers to take the reins across a range of disciplines, balancing the personable with all the highly organised requirements of a busy managerial role in hospitality.
A perfect fit for us would be someone who has both a genuine interest in the arts, nightlife, food, beverages, culture and someone who would take pride in being an essential part of a small team building a positive and effective people-first business for our customers, wider team, DJ's, performers and community.
We are open to receiving applications from people who have worked in managerial roles in other industries with transferrable skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills - being able to connect with a range of people and respond appropriately to different scenarios with clarity.
• Ability to cope under pressure - confident in dealing with emergencies, being comfortable with procedures and how to access information, methodical and practical problem solver.
• Good business awareness - ability to spot potential issues and take initiative as much as possible.
• Team working skills - able to communicate uniquely to individuals and foster a positive and effective working environment
• Strong planning and organisational skills - able to think ahead, consider contingencies and factor in unexpected possibilities
• Strong written and oral communication skills - able to keep information moving quickly and accessibly across the business and with artists, staff and customers.
• Ability to work independently - self driven, highly organised, enthusiastic and confident
Please be aware this job description is a guideline and is not exhaustive.
• Coordinating the entire operation of the evening service during scheduled shifts;
• Managing staff and providing them with feedback;
• Responding to customer complaints;
• Meeting and greeting customers and organising table reservations;
• Recruiting, training, onboarding and leading by example with staff;
• Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety;
• Checking stock levels and ordering supplies;
• Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required;
• Helping in any area of the bar when circumstances dictate.
• Ensuring staff are trained in accordance with license conditions and records are kept
• Ensuring records are kept in relation to staff absences and escalation procedure is followed.
• Analysing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability;
• Understanding and complying with responsibilities connected to both premises license and sponsor license.
• Organising marketing activities, such as promotional events;
• Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, drink control and sales;
• Creating and executing plans for sales, profit and staff development;
• Setting band/dj budgets and/or agreeing them with senior management;
• Planning and coordinating menus.
Working schedule & pay:
• The salary for this role is £28k pro rata per annum plus a bonus scheme attached to sales performance.
• We are able to offer in the region of 25 hours per week which will include night shifts, weekends, public holidays and sometimes split shifts. We pride ourselves in a positive working environment and with team-work being so central to this, we expect all staff to be committed to the job and fully complete tasks each shift even if this means staying later than expected.
• Overtime is fully paid.
• All other payment such as sick leave, maternity leave and holiday are statutory.
Hello - thank you for your interest. We've put together some questions in a for together via the link below. A sort of virtual meet! Most questions are optional so please feel free to let us know as much as you'd like. This form will also invite you to upload your CV.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday 9th June 2021 at 4pm