Working with the Restaurant Manager to inspire, motivate and lead the front of house team to achieve excellent
guest satisfaction. Ensuring standards are maintained and guest needs are anticipated. To ensure the restaurant
reaches and maintains its maximum potential in all areas. To assist the Restaurant Manager to ensure all departments and team members comply with H & S, food hygiene and alcohol licensing regulations at all times and to carry out training and development needs within the department.
To act as a role model to all employees by showing a positive approach to team morale through excellent support, training and communication.
• To provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
• To demonstrate a high standard of personal appearance and ensuring good personal hygiene.
• To ensure the agreed standards of food service are adhered to at all times.
• To ensure the efficient flow of service and standards are constantly met during service periods.
• To ensure all guest requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively.
• To positively deal with and learn from all guest complaints and comments.
• To actively seek feedback from guests on a regular basis.
• To build and maintain an efficient team of employees, driving the team towards the objectives of the
• To develop a learning culture and to ensure that all team members feel valued and rewarded.
• To ensure all new employees attend induction.
• To promote the training and development of staff to ensure standards are maintained, and monitor all
training and development within the department.
• To manage all employees in line with the agreed skills and standards, giving regular feedback and appraisals.
• To assist in all disciplinary and grievance issues within the department.
• To constantly monitor the grooming and personal hygiene of the team.
• To provide a clear handover during shift changes.
• To ensure all staff are well briefed on the daily responsibilities and are given constant.
• Supervision and motivation on all aspects of their work.
• To notify your staff to all menu changes, specialties, function menus and changes to standards prior to the
commencement of service.
• To ensure that the daily briefings take place, in conjunction with the Head Chef.
• To develop an open culture of communication, both formal and informal.