About the Role
We're currently recruiting for a talented Chef de partie to join King Street Townhouse, a baby grand hotel that has 40 bedrooms and suites. Fully paid training is offered, making this the perfect opportunity for someone looking to work directly for an established company, as well as furthering their career in the hotel industry. The hotel also includes King Street Tavern (bar, restaurant and wine cellars), afternoon tea rooms, conferencing /event space, gym and treatment rooms, which are available to hotel guests. King Street Townhouse boasts some amazing features, such as its rooftop infinity spa pool, with views of the spires and clock tower of Manchester’s iconic town hall.
The Chef de parties’ role is to, with training, produce the highest quality of food by using all fresh ingredients and the correct cooking methods. Ensure constant production levels by forward planning and time management. Demonstrate flair and imagination and contribute new ideas to menu planning.
They will project and maintain a professional profile within the catering operation, working well on a professional level with the rest of the team. The candidate will achieve goals set by Head Chef and consistently work towards raising quality standards. They will also adhere to all appropriate processes, statutory requirements and resources associated with the delivery of the food service offering.
- Service performance goals and objectives are implemented and maintained
- Product and food service standards, quality practices and procedures are maintained
- Kitchen is fully maintained in line with kitchen hygiene and food safety standards
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your specialty
- Managing and training any demi-chef de parties or commis working with you
- Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- Genuine career progression and development opportunities
- Experience team and great working evironment
- THG group discounts of up to 50% (family and friends discount included)
- Discounts when dining and staying at the hotel
- Performance related bonus scheme