Sous Chef - Cardiff
- Honest Burgers
- Sous Cardiff
What we offer You:
- £13.00 - £17.00 per hour OTE (including service charge - our data says you can earn between £1 to £4 per hour on top of your pay)
- Evenly split service charge (100% goes to the employees)
- Guaranteed full time contracted hours
- Complementary staff food & drinks while on shift
- VIB (Very Important Burgers) – generous food & drinks allowance off shift
- Your birthday off work fully paid
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Up to £1000 “Refer a Friend” scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 helpline via Hospitality Action
- Craft Exchange Programme - where you can get paid for jobs around Honest that you may have an interest in, like sign-writing, gardening or graphic design etc.
You will be the next generation of our Head Chefs.
The role and You:
You’ll be a pioneer in leadership, health & safety, and food standards. There's an art to cooking burgers and chips the Honest way and our Sous Chefs take responsibility to control a kitchen that runs perfectly whether their Head Chef is on shift or not. You will be the heartbeat of the kitchen, working closely with your Head Chef and management team, assisting in managing everything from kitchen standards and efficiency to your team’s happiness. In addition to being a talented and hardworking Sous Chef, you will be ready to take the next step in your career development and embracing leadership responsibilities. We want you to help generate a culture of loyalty, positivity and opportunity whilst recognising the positive impact you can have on your team and consumers.
Areas of responsibility:
- Assisting in managing and developing your team
- Running service and pass
- Managing Food Safety and Health & Safety compliance
- Supporting Head Chef in recruitment & training
- Meeting set KPI’s
- Kitchen audits
- Stock and COGS management
- Compliance & Reporting
- Constant improvement to the service and restaurant’s performance
We believe in equal access to support and opportunity that exists for all. We celebrate our differences and want you to help us to continually strive for diversity, inclusivity and a warm welcome for everyone. This means your name, age, race or gender doesn’t need to be on your CV. If you’d rather take it off, that’s good with us.
Similar searches: Restaurants, Cardiff (Caerdydd)