Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
The Gherkin is an Iconic venue managed by Searcys and it is renowned for its food, service and state of art facilities. The main function of the role is to inspire and develop the team to ensure day-to-day catering meets the company values and standards thus exceeding our clients’ expectations. The offering is made up of 30% PDR, 30% event (TOB), 40% restaurant. You will be involved in put Gherkin back on the map by ensuring the structure and operations is fit for purpose, this will include; a kitchen team overhaul as the year progresses and business increases, focus on seasonal and classic offering and flagship status for brand on service, food, flexibility and quality.
- Full accountability of the operational & financial control of all the venues kitchens and operational areas.
- Effective running of the kitchens operations is the main responsibility, and you are required to oversee all food preparation and delivery to client/guests expectations are achieved and maintained.
- Monitors all food safety FSMS documents and ensures all are completed and up to date.
- Ensures all chefs are present and on duty in line with the venues departmental work schedule.
- Ensures all chefs are in the correct/required uniform standard as set out by the Company standards.
- Manages consistency and quality of food taste and profile in line with menu specifications, recipes, allergens and photos.
- All menus are fully costed to include base recipes, core elements, final dish and dish presentation.
- Full and consistent menu review and training on menu with all operation and sales team members.
- Attends weekly operational meetings and event debrief meetings as needed around the business needs.
- Works with the General Manager to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability and training opportunities of team to develop and motivate.
- Monitors all chefs and porters working hours, noting punctual and self-managed time keeping.
- Has a good understanding of the company’s HR policies and procedures.
- Hands on approach for interim operation to aid the rebuild. The successful candidate will work alongside the general manager and drive innovation through food and service whilst also being diligent and managing all other compliance aspects of the job.
- Formal Culinary Training.
- At Least 5 years’ kitchen experience.
- Previous Production and Event Work.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- Advanced foundation of Health and Safety as well as Food Safety.
- Training to Level 3 Food Safety Management via NCASS or Equivalent
- Proven Management Skills.
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines whilst delivering numerous events on time and on budget
- Flexibility is absolutely essential as business needs are varied across all events and operations.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.