Love to cook?
Experience in leading a team?
We have a position for you!
Head Chef – Cherry Tree
Situated in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of Steventon, 3 miles south of Abingdon and 4 miles from Didcot, this traditional 18th century pub is sure to give you a lasting memory whatever the season. Whether customers are here in summer to enjoy the calmness and serenity of our courtyard or snuggling up next to one of our log fires in winter, The Cherry Tree wants to bring them the comfort of a home away from home. With 2 bars, restaurant, a lovely courtyard and 7 letting rooms, there is plenty to gain experience from.
- Company pension
- 15% discount on food & drink
- Chef training program
- Career progression
Wadworth believes in developing people to be even better at what they do, so you will benefit from relevant on-the-job training and will also have the opportunity to undertake training that leads to recognised qualifications.
We are looking for someone who will ensure optimum profitability through delivering high food standards while adhering to the company processes & procedures to create a positive experience for all our customers.
As a Head Chef in this exciting role, you will:
- Lead the kitchen in delivering an outstanding level of service
- Manage budgets and GP in keeping with the set targets
- Ensure the highest level of compliance regarding Health & Safety regulations
- Develop, drive and inspire the kitchen team
- Manage and maintain an excellent stock control and wastage records
- At least 3 years’ experience in the kitchen
- Level 2 food safetyWe will consider a Sous Chef wanting to move up to Head Chef and we will train you to succeed.
- Flexibility regarding working days and hours is a key requirement but based on a 5 day week.
- Offering a competitive salary dependant on experience.