Bean Bar is a independent coffee shop and bar in the heart of Richmond. We offer an all-day food menu, a varied grab a go selection, and an evening menu. We are seeking a highly trained, motivated and passionate chef to work within our team on a shift basis ranging from 7.00 am to 6pm Monday - Wednesday and 7.00am to 11pm Thursday - Sunday (35-40 hours per week). Flexibility will be required.
Responsibilities would include:
- Following recipe guidelines accurately and produce food at the required standard.
- Responsible for all food prep and cooking our all day menu, grab and go menu and the evening menu
- Contributing to the development of menus and recipes as required
- Able to work in a busy fast paced environment in a small team
- Maintains inventories of stock and ensures that the kitchen is organised and well stocked
- Assisting in receiving food and drink deliveries
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following company standards and sanitation regulations.
- Cleaning down between peak times to keep the space organised and efficient
- High standards to food safety and health & safety. Possess certification to ensure safe production of food
- Basic requirements include knife skills, high quality and speed output.
- Reliability is a must working within a small team working in the early hours to ensure menu is ready for store opening
- The ability to use initiative and work independently is required
- At least 2 years experience as a Chef/cook in a coffee shop or restaurant environment
- Fluent in English and possess the Right to Work in the UK
- Passionate about creating exceptional customer experience
- Level 3 food hygiene certificate
- Reliability and commitment to the role
- Experience in menu development
- Creative flair for creating new exciting recipes
- Live local to shop