It all started when Thom and James (our founders) quit their jobs and decided to fly to Italy to explore and learn everything there is to know about pizza. Once back, they opened the first Pizza Pilgrims Market stall in Soho...Years have gone by and no we have 15 pizzerias and plans to open a few more!
As Head Chef in Pizza Pilgrims your role is to lead your kitchen team, ensuring that everyone is fully trained, supported and developed. Working closely with the General Manager, you will be accountable for driving food quality and results that have an overall impact on the Pizzeria's success.
Ensuring the high standards we are all looking for requires every Head Chef to excel in three key areas:
- Taking care of ‘business’ (aka the Pizzeria) - It is important that you can work closely with the wider management team to ensure that your pizzeria is a success. This will involve the control of costs, managing stocks, GP and labour.
- Food, quality & safety - Our menu is simple and focused on Neapolitan-style pizza. You will be responsible for setting a high standard for food quality and maintaining it within your pizzeria. Ensuring its always a safe environment for all the pizzeria team.
- Leading & Supporting the Team - We would say it's the best part of the role. Leading and motivating your team, supporting their train and development, owning the recruitment and induction of your new team members and creating that great pilgrims vibe we all love to work in every day.
Some perks of working with us
- We invest in your growth and development we have a dedicated Training Academy
- Pay you a competitive salary for up to £35k + tronc + bonus
- Hold two full staff parties for everyone throughout the year, we even close our pizzerias on these days so everyone can join i
- Happiness Day - an extra day of holiday for you to do something that makes you happy
- 28 days of holiday plus an additional day for every year worked
- Yearly Trips to Naples to visit our suppliers