To contribute to customer satisfaction through the preparation of high-quality food items in accordance with hotel standards. To maximise hotel customer satisfaction and profitability through providing an excellent meal experience for all guests.
- Be knowledgeable of the day’s business, i.e. know what reservations are booked in to the F&B outlets, be aware of outside events that will impact directly on business, etc.
- Be familiar with the lunch and dinner menu and with any “specials” of the day.
- Avoid unnecessary wastage, to observe proper portion planning and control and to act in a cost effective, responsible manner.
- Ensure all dishes leaving the kitchen/buffet are prepared to the approved standard of presentation and in a timely fashion.
- To ensure excellent food hygiene practice is observed in the entire food chain from storage through to preparation and service.
- Ensure HACCP compliance within the kitchen and all Food & Beverage outlets.
- To wear clean, suitable uniform at all times, ensuring a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming as per company policy.
- To be part of a team environment, which promotes positive employee morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
- Work in accordance with standard procedures within each department to deliver memorable luxury to each of our guests.
- To actively participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards and performance levels.
- To keep staff/work areas tidy, safe and report any hazard, accident, loss or damage to Management or H&S Rep and observe all requirements under HACCP compliance, Health and Safety at Work Law and policy.
- Ensure the kitchen equipment is in working order; report any maintenance issues to your supervisor.