Tucked away in the country lanes near Dunham Massey, the Rope and Anchor is the perfect location for guests to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy our fantastic seasonal dishes, pub food menu and our range of JW Lees cask ales, fine wines and quality spirits. We make a great ‘pit stop’ if you’re exploring the local walking or cycling routes and you can be guaranteed comfortable countryside surroundings while you relax with our outstanding food and drink offering.
The Rope and Anchor is excited to announce that we’re now recruiting for a Head Chef to lead and manage the Kitchen Team, providing our customers with the delicious, fresh food that we’re famous for.
As the Head Chef you be a dedicated and professional leader, motivating your team to the best of their cooking capabilities. You’ll be the creative genius behind the in-house specials (with a little help from your team of course). Experience of working and managing a team in a fast paced, pressured environment whilst preparing and cooking fresh food is essential.
As the Head Chef you will lay the ground rules and have overall responsibility over daily operations within the kitchen, therefore your work will be exemplary and will inspire your team to send the perfect dish on time every time.
Our six values run through everything we do and we’ll expect that you are…
- Proud: Proud of JW Lees, Our people, Our pubs, our beers and our food.
- Savvy: Understands what matters, plugged in to the world and never afraid to admit when we’ve made a mistake.
- Honest: We’ll always do what we say and always be straight with each other.
- Passionate: You’ve got to love what you do, otherwise you shouldn’t be doing it.
- Personal: Giving the personal time and attention to every customer and team member, no-ones a number here!
- Together: True team spirit, no one-upmanship, in it together for the long term, helping all to succeed.
If you are looking for more from your current role and are interested in career development and progression, and have the skills and experience that we are looking for then we would be very interested to discuss your application in greater detail.
As a key team member of the JW Lees family we will offer you a competitive package, fantastic team environment and supported development opportunities throughout your career.
The Rope and Anchor is under the ownership of JW Lees who are a sixth-generation Independent Family Brewer. Greengate Brewery is the heart of JW Lees and is located in Middleton, Manchester.