Exciting Field Based Training Manager opportunity!
Ei Group are the largest portfolio manager of pubs in the UK with over 4,000 properties and we are currently recruiting for a Training Manager to deliver training across our Bermondsey Pub Company estate.
Bermondsey Pub Company (BPC) is our mainstream managed operating model dedicated to creating an unbeatable sense of belonging in our individual pubs, ensuring an outstanding guest experience, whatever the occasion!
Purpose of the role
To shape and lead an innovative training strategy to support BPC’s vision, values and business plan. To champion a training culture within BPC and engage the Operations team to buy into and support this. To co-ordinate all aspects of training across BPC by ensuring the development and implementation of a comprehensive and proactive training calendar.
The ideal candidate will have a sound level of industry knowledge alongside experience of delivering training across a range of audiences. You will also have first class planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and adapt to changing priorities.
- Develop, maintain and lead a robust training calendar for BPC, addressing both new and existing team member’s needs via a blend of L&D levers.
- Ownership of management development and Apprenticeship programmes.
- Delivery of technical and leadership training for Management teams.
- Support Mentor Managers to ensure they have the tools and skills to effectively induct new Managers.
- Obtain regular feedback from key stakeholders on development programmes to evaluate training and review effectiveness, propose recommendations and work with L&D Project Manager to address.
- Monitor and track all levels of management training and development, ensuring consistency of completion and sign off.
- Identify opportunities for training and development within BPC – work with the L&D Project Manager to ensure solutions address the business needs.
- Review existing training delivered both internally and externally to ensure it is current and relevant, ensuring all associated documentation is updated to support.
- Take ownership of the Flow e-learning portal, ensuring it remains up to date and is an effective tool for pub teams.
- Ownership of the delivery of the training scorecard.
- Give constructive feedback to trainees to aid their ongoing development.
- Keep up to date with business priorities and industry activity and make appropriate training recommendations to support the business plan.
- Build strong relationships throughout BPC, EI and suppliers to support and facilitate the training culture.
- Project lead for training when supporting the roll out of new business projects, technical enhancements and new working processes.
- Give support to the Service Trainers, providing feedback and coaching on delivery and helping to identify and address gaps in knowledge.
- Possess a sound level of industry knowledge and trends
- Extensive experience in training delivery
- Full UK / European Driving Licence, national role
- Level 3 CIPD qualification or equivalent, highly desirable
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and work at pace
- Clear written & verbal communication skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to deliver training sessions, workshops and coaching initiatives to a professional standard, ranging from a 1 to 1 to large group setting
- Proactive team worker able to work with autonomy
- Well-developed interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to develop relationships, with the passion and credibility to persuade
- Positive, can do, professional approach
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, able to view things from a variety of perspective
As well as a competitive salary of up to £34,000 per annum, we offer an industry leading benefits package including 33 days' holiday (inc. bank holidays), discretionary bonus, company car scheme, private healthcare, contributory pension, death in service benefit and My Rewards corporate perks. We also offer a range of optional flexible benefits through salary sacrifice including holiday purchase (up to 5 days), gym membership, dental plan and cycle to work scheme.