The Old Silk Mill is an iconic pub set in the city of Derby, from its famous wall mural, its beautiful sun terrace and its private dining area this pub is beaming with character and charm with the great service to match! Looking to always engage with the community and popular with local business', this fresh food pub could be the next challenge for you!
Our Kitchen Managers are essential in ensuring our delicious food concepts are prepared and presented to the highest standard. We really care about our food at Bermondsey and our menus are bespoke to fit the culture of our individual pubs - we are not a 'one size fits all'!
We are looking for someone with a focused attitude to deliver our delicious food concept - knowledge of stock control, compliance and food efficiency to help lead our kitchen team to deliver service excellence.
In return you'll have the opportunity to join our newly established Food Council and work closely with our Head of Food to make a real impact on the development of our strategy across the business.
This is a great opportunity to establish your career in a growing company, and we'd love to talk to you if:
- You're a passionate foodie who takes pride in what comes out of your kitchen
- You have the confidence to manage and train a small team and inspire them to deliver exceptional food
- You're knowledgeable of current food hygiene and safety laws
- You have great processes in place to ensure effective stock control
- Experience in managing a small team is essential
- Understanding of stock control and compliance
- Our kitchen runs between 12:00 - 8pm Sunday to Thursday, and 12:00- 9pm Friday and Saturday.
What we Offer You
- One to one coaching with our fantastic Food Trainers
- Ongoing training and development to as part of the Food Academy
- A number of apprenticeship opportunities with industry leaders HIT Training to actively support progression within Bermondsey
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- 50% discount on food & drink in all Bermondsey Pubs
Bermondsey Pub Company are proud to announce our partnership with the Licenced Trade Charity. They are the specialists for pub, bar and brewery workers offering a range of professional advice and support for both physical and mental health issues. All of our team members benefit from this partnership as we work together to create a great support network for our employees.