Food and Beverage Manager (Full-Time)
- IHG Hotels & Resorts
- £40,000 - £49,999
voco Grand Central Hotel are looking for a Food & Beverage Operations Manager to join our growing team…
Relive the golden age of travel at voco® Grand Central - Glasgow, an enduring monument to Victorian glamour in an unbeatable central location, attached to Glasgow Central Station, a city landmark since the 19th-century heyday of the railways.
High ceilings, chandeliers and wood panelling embody the elegance that makes our hotel special. Our magnificent, marble-clad Champagne Central bar open all day for sharing menus and afternoon tea, while Tempus Restaurant offers the best of Scottish cuisine. The Grand Ballroom is a charming spot for memorable celebrations, and 10 flexible meeting rooms take care of your business events.
Our Food & Beverage Operations Manager supports the Director of Operations with the effective and efficient running of the hotel food and beverage teams, with direct responsibility for up to four divisions within the department ensuring financial targets are achieved whilst maintaining the highest of standards to ensure guest expectation is consistently exceeded.
This role is highly varied, you will be supporting to manage our Champagne Central Bar, C&B and Breakfast departments so someone with a wide range of experiences within a wider F&B department would be well suited. You will form part of our leadership team and work closely with the other F&B Managers to ensure the guest experience is personalised and always exceeds expectation.
Working as a Food & Beverage Operations Manager you will ensure all team members are trained to a high standard, manage rotas and work a variety of shifts, including Days, Evening & Night Shifts, over Weekdays & Weekends including Bank Holidays.
To succeed as our Food & Beverage Operations Manager, you will need:
- Food & Beverage duty management and team leadership experience for 2+ years in a property of similar size & standard
- Adaptability – you will perform a variety of activities as needed across all food and beverage departments
- Expected to have completed Food Safety Level 2 and completion of other appropriate and relevant courses
- Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes table reservation and management system, Micros Simphony (or relevant POS) and Dimensions
- Knowledge on critical issues and potential technology and trends in hotel food and beverage
- To be able to talk through activities that would be required on a food and beverage marketing calendar and recognizes how to impact different booking channels
So what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading)…
- Up to £40,000.00 per annum based on experience – 40 hours guaranteed contract per week.
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Do you have what it takes to be our Food & Beverage Operations Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
Similar searches: Hotels, Glasgow City