- Brucan Pubs
- £36,000 to £38,000 - 48 hours per week
Sous chef sought for The Greene Oak, Brucan Pubs, Windsor.
We are seeking a sous chef experienced in fresh food kitchens to deliver our menu and kitchen management in support of the head chef.
● All applicants with relevant sous or head chef experience are welcome.
● All applicants must have a valid right to work in the UK.
● £36,000 to £38,000 per year, based on a 48-hour week over 5 days.
● This is an 8 Chef brigade serving seasonal British cuisine, focused on fresh quality ingredients.
● Working in a newly refurbished kitchen, managing the kitchen set up, food standards, brigade and the kitchen logistics.
● Our menu offers accessible classics and adventurous dishes for more curious diners.
● Our menu follows an aggressively British seasonal structure alongside a strong focus on nose to tail cooking.
● The kitchen team is responsible for the preparation of all menu items in house, including weekly butchery of whole carcasses sourced direct from the best rare breed farmers and daily caught fish
● This position requires an experienced chef who is confident in all aspects of cookery and has a passion for delivering exceptional standards and consistency with patience, passion and professionalism.
● Our sous chefs are responsible for ordering, stock control, mise en place, team development and kitchen leadership.
● The sous chef will support the head chef to enable smooth running of the kitchen, open communication with colleagues and sharing the food knowledge with colleagues.
● We are aiming to achieve a consistent 2 AA Rosette standard of cuisine.
Benefits which are available to all our Brucan members include:
● Discounted food and drink in all our venues
● Ongoing one to one staff development, training, communication and feedback
● Regular staff trips and farm visits to help deepen your knowledge and share in our passion for regenerative and rare breed farming.
● An additional paid day off on your birthday, to make sure you can enjoy it fully!
● Access to our supply chain at cost price so that you can benefit from our extensive network of farmers and producers across the UK
About Brucan Pubs:
● Brucan Pubs prides itself on empowering all our colleagues, giving you an input into menu changes, special dishes and kitchen processes.
● We are an independent company with hands-on owners working in the business and alongside the team each day.
● We believe in a cohesive team that works together safely and constructively, adding knowledge and value to each other’s careers.
● The kitchen operates a high standard of hygiene and safety
By applying to this position, you are consenting to share your data with us for the purposes of recruitment & staff resourcing.
Similar searches: Pubs and Bars, Windsor