Commis Waiter - London, UK
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commis Waiter to join our highly successful team here at Firmdale Hotels. This is an entry level role for a candidate who aspires to a career within Food and Beverage. Your main role will be to support the wider team, attending to guest requests in a timely and effective manner.
This will suit an individual who wants the opportunity to learn and develop, with the potential to progress within the company. If progression isn’t your thing, that’s fine too, we would still be interested in finding out more about you. We are looking for someone who is passionate about hospitality and will work well within a dynamic and fast paced environment, handling and setting up multiple tables at any one time. As a Commis Waiter, you will need to be fanatical about food and be able to develop a good understanding of our menus and order of service. This is a hands on, operational role where you will be working with ambitious, friendly and hardworking people in a down to earth setting. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
If this sound like you please join us at our Recruitment Open Day on 25th May 2021 at the Haymarket Hotel - 1 Suffolk Pl, London SW1Y 4HX
You are welcome to join us anytime between 11am – 4pm for a guaranteed interview
Please bring a Passport / ID Card & CV
Covid 19: Please wear a facemask and observe social distancing at all times. There will be hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel.
Find out directly what a career at Firmdale Hotels can offer you!
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York, offering exclusive training programmes and incredible career development. To make your life working in hospitality easier, we are proud to offer permanent roles, working straight shifts, 5 days out of 7. No split shifts to worry about! As standard, you will work 45 hours per week on a flexible rota, where some weekends will be required.
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
• We have created safe spaces to work and support our employees receiving lateral flow testing and the Covid 19 Vaccine
• Employee led committees allowing you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
• Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
• Award winning training opportunities (Apprenticeships, WSET, supplier visits and Master Classes to name a few)
• Wellbeing activities and support available to all staff members
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
• Competitive salary
• 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
• Companywide and departmental incentives including a generous refer a friend bonus
• Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
• Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
• Perkbox – An employee platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
• Wait, there’s more! Quarterly team events, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
• Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
• Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
• Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
• HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017
• Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016
• Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016
• Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016
• Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage Manager of the Year”, Hotel Cateys 2015
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.