Reservations Manager - Haymarket Hotel, London
We have an exciting opportunity for a Reservations Manager to join our highly successful team at the Haymarket Hotel. Your main responsibility as a Reservations Manager is to take direction from the Deputy and General Manager; you will run the daily operation of the reservations department and handle all incoming reservation enquiries, ensuring that the needs of our guests are met.
Working as part of the management team, you will be need to be ambitious and flexible to adapt to a variety of scenario’s and situations. You should be confident in your knowledge of the hotel rooms and facilities, and be at ease managing rates and packages with clients and external agents.
Essential Key Skills
- Previous experience in a high end operation as a Reservations Manager or Supervisor
- Previous experience using the Opera system
- Strong working knowledge of all the Front Office operations
- Excellent customer service skills and communication
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a busy environment
- A high level of understanding of the current hospitality trends and our competitors
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisation
- Capable of motivating a team through training and solid leadership
- Taking Reservations calls and replying to email enquiries
- Produce weekly and monthly departmental reports for the General Manager
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, travel agents and guests ensuring an inspirational service is delivered at all times
- Manage the financial aspects of the reservations department including budgets & forecasting
- Maintain and deliver consistent Firmdale standards
- Deal with any complaints and be confident to find a solution
- Conduct Duty Manager shifts
Firmdale Hotels is an international award winning group comprising of 10 high end luxury hotels and 8 bars and restaurants in London and New York, offering exclusive training programmes and incredible career development. This a managerial role which means that you will be expected to work the hours as required by the business. You will need to be flexible with the dates and times you are able to work.
What makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
• We have created safe spaces to work and support our employees receiving lateral flow testing and the Covid 19 Vaccine
• Employee led committees allowing you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
• Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams and more)
• Award winning training opportunities (Apprenticeships, WSET, supplier visits and Master Classes to name a few)
• Wellbeing activities and support available to all staff members
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
• Competitive salary
• 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
• Companywide and departmental incentives including a generous refer a friend bonus
• Firmdale Experience and Long Service vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
• Wage Stream – An employee app to stream your wages before payday
• Perkbox – An employee platform offering a huge variety of discounts and our reward and recognition program
• Wait, there’s more! Quarterly team events, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
Why join Firmdale Hotels?
We are delighted to have been recognised by the hospitality industry for some of the great work our teams have done. To name a few of our recent awards and accolades;
• Firmdale Hotels - “Winner of the Best Employer Award at The Cateys 2017 & 2020 and Number One in The Caterer Best Places to Work in Hospitality”
• Manager of the year - Laura Sharpe, Cateys 2018
• Hotel of the year - Group - Cateys 2018
• HR Team of the Year at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Restaurant Team of the Year, Ham Yard Hotel at the Hotel Cateys 2017
• Best Chef Development Strategy Award at the Springboard Awards 2017
• Firmdale Hotels – “Excellence in Employee Engagement”, HR in Hospitality 2016
• Firmdale Hotels – “Candidate Experience Award”, Caterer.com People Awards 2016
• Ham Yard Hotel – “Best Afternoon Tea Award”, Harden’s 2016
• Sarah Williams – “Food and Beverage Manager of the Year”, Hotel Cateys 2015