Assistant Butler at the Residence of the Ambassador of Japan
Working hours: Normal number of working days is 22 per 4-week period and working hours per day is 8, including a 30 minutes break as assigned (weekends included). Actual working hours will be specified in the individual work schedule.
On ad hoc basis, night duty may also be assigned, based on the individual work schedule. Night duty allowance will be paid on top of the basic salary.
Location: Residence of the Ambassador of Japan, London
The Residence of the Ambassador of Japan seeks a qualified person for the role of Assistant Butler.
• Reception and cosseting of guests
• Professional service (such as serving of wines, refreshments and meals)
• General cleaning of the property and maintaining tableware, cutlery and other household items
• Overall caretaking and security of the property and ancillary elements on regular and routine basis
• Competence and experience in butler and hospitality work
• Professional service skills
• A good command of the English language
- A command of the Japanese language would be highly appreciated
- Experience in fine dining service handling VIPs would be appreciated
- Knowledge of British culture, customs and etiquette is preferable
- Uniforms will be provided
Application Deadline: 4th June 18:00
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a CV (as detailed as possible) and covering letter explaining how you are able to meet the requirements for the position, along with your current salary, visa type, daytime telephone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th June 18:00.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration Act. All applicants must state that this right is obtained through citizenship, permanent residency or work permit in their application. Applicants not providing this information in their application will not be considered for employment. Short-listed applicants will be asked to provide, prior to interview, documentation to certify their legal right to work in the UK.
The local employee shall serve a probation period of three months immediately after the start date of employment.
It is the Embassy’s policy that we do not give any kind of feedback of the interviews.
Embassy of Japan (Protocol Section)
101-104 Piccadilly, London, W1J 7JT