Goods Receiver (Part-Time)
- IHG Hotels & Resorts
At Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel, we have an exciting opening to join our team as a Goods Receiver (Part-Time)…
We are looking for someone who can commit to Part-Time, across 5 shifts per week (25 hours per week). Being flexible would be a great plus!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required. At Kimpton we encourage our Team Members to Be Yourself and Lead Yourself! We will be there to support you each step of the way.
We are paying £10.50 per hour; all overtime is paid for. From April 2023, we are paying an increased rate of £11.60 per hour - equating to £24,128.00 per annum based on a 40 hour week!
As a Goods Receiver your main duties and responsibilities will be supporting our wider Hotel team with the collection and storage of goods being delivered, communicating with delivery companies to make sure everything being delivered is correct and suitable. You will use your IT and analytical skills to manage the loading bay, ensuring to record and account for all goods received. To smash this role out of the park, the key skills & experience you’ll ideally already have are:
- Previous experience within a goods receiver or stock controller role would be hugely beneficial!
- Strong organisation skills, you will need to ensure that items are correctly accounted for and stored in line with Health and Safety regulations.
- Analytical skills are desired as you will be working with numbers and checking these against deliveries.
- Great communication skills – you will be someone who can communicate with multiple stakeholders within various Hotel departments!
- Ability to work independently when needed and to manage your own workload.
So why work for us (aside from joining an awesome team…)? Well, look no further!
- £10.50 per hour, paid overtime plus free meals whilst on duty!
- Incentives to earn more each month with our Tronc programme (where eligible)
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata) after further service
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates plus an Overnight stay (for you and a plus 1) when probationary period passed
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts off your supermarket shop, other shopping and experiences through our portal!
- 20% off Spa Treatments and £15.00 gym membership in our managed Edinburgh properties plus 25% off in all restaurants & Bars, within both Kimpton Charlotte Square & InterContinental Edinburgh The George, and an amazing 50% off in Burr & Co coffee shop
- Employee assistance programme 24/7 and employee healthcare plan with access to Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world plus opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What is it like to work for Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel?
At Kimpton, we are all about being yourself – we pride individuality and being the best version of you. Our meticulously designed Hotel brings together traditional Edinburgh architecture with an exciting and fresh indoor feel, offering our guests a modern luxurious stay. Welcoming locals to relax in our Garden area (a must visit), experiencing mouth-watering food in BABA restaurant, or guests from far and wide being pampered in our state-of-the-art Spa – we cover it all! We want our guests to have a truly authentic stay making personal connections throughout their visit with us, bring your true self to work, do what you think is right and we will help you to grow and develop.
Does this sound like a team you would love to be a part of? If so, please apply today and check out our Instagram page @kimptoncharlottesquare!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
Similar searches: Hotels, City of Edinburgh