- Field Studies Council (FSC)
- East Bergholt, Suffolk
- Up to 12.74 UKP per hour
Field Studies Council Flatford Mill, East Bergholt, Suffolk.
Up to £24,840 per annum (pro-rata) + benefits + Golden Hello
24 hours per week / Permanent
Up to £2,400 pro rata Golden Hello Payment available (Terms and Conditions apply)
Love where you work!
At the Field Studies Council we promise to get people outdoors, provide high quality learning and encourage positive wellbeing. We’re all about creating outdoor learning experiences and opportunities that inspire everyone to be curious, knowledgeable, passionate and caring about the environment.
Established in 1943, our network of Learning Locations provide day and residential courses for all ages, from young children to retired adults, from schools and communities throughout the UK, reaching many others through our publications and community-based programmes.
What you’ll be doing
As a Chef you’re a key part of our Hospitality and Catering team! You’ll be the supporting the Lead Cook and play an important role in delivering catering service to resident groups that visit us at our Flatford Mill Centre. You’ll do some hands-on cooking, kitchen management and deputising for the Lead Cook as needed, as well as assisting with the supervision of the catering team.
This is an active role and you’ll need to be happy to be able to carry out all of the duties associated with kitchen work.
Please refer to the vacancy pack for full details of the responsibilities of the role.
Where you’ll be based
Flatford Mill is the first and original field studies centre which was set up in the UK during the 1940’s. It is the centre for Constable Country, set amidst the quintessentially English countryside of the Dedham Vale in Suffolk and sitting on the banks of the River Stour. Flatford Mill runs residential field study visits for school students and provides a very wide range of natural history and art courses.
Sound like the role for you? Come and be part of the team! We look forward to your application.
We ask that you have –
- A great work ethic where aptitude and attitude are key
- A natural pride in the work you produce
- A flexible and adaptive approach able to perform using your own initiative both independently and as a team player
- A professional manner in all that you do
- An empathy with the aims and objectives of Field Studies Council
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
- Holidays - 28 days (pro-rata), excluding bank holidays (increases with length of service - up to 2 extra days)
- Sick Pay
- 24hr Counselling Helpline Service
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Training & Development
- Happy to talk flexible working!
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy, please call Matt Thompson (Lead Cook) on Tel No. 01206 297110.
Applications will be considered on arrival.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at Flatford Mill Field Centre on a date to be confirmed.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
Similar searches: Catering, Café & Leisure, Ipswich