Since Wiltons was established in 1742, it has consistently enjoyed a reputation as the epitome of fine British dining in London. The atmosphere is perfectly matched with the immaculately prepared wild fish, shellfish, and game in season and meat dishes sourced from the finest farms.
Wiltons combines a modern philosophy on service with all that is traditionally British to create the perfect dining experience. Noted since 1742 for the finest oysters, fish and game.
The restaurant’s sister restaurant is Franco’s also on Jermyn Street, both of which are owned by the Hambros family.
Wiltons is open for lunch and dinner from Monday to Friday and dinner on Saturday’s.
Wiltons has also been awarded two stars by The World of Fine Wine for two years in a row.
The Role & Duties:
- Thorough understanding of all beverages sold
- Placing wine orders
- Monitoring and ordering glass stock
- Maintaining Aperitifs and Digestives menus
- Ability to follow clear instructions from managers and maintain the restaurant standards
- Adhere to the restaurant Health & Safety policy, responsibilities and obligations
- To stock up the bar at the end of each shift
- To know the regulars and theirs names
- To provide the clientele with the best service by exceeding their expectations
- Shift patterns are for lunch and dinner shifts
- 9/10 shifts per week – approximately 45 hours per week with 2 days off (Including Sunday)
- At least 1 years’ experience as a Sommelier/Wine Waiter in a similar establishment
- A good knowledge of bar work and cocktails
- Immaculate presentation and grooming
- Be able to understand and speak English
- Experience of catering for a capacity of at least 80 covers for lunch & dinner
- Enthusiastic & eager to learn new techniques, cocktails and wines
- Competitive remuneration up to £30,000 which includes participation in our tronc scheme – reviewed following a 3 month probation period
- The restaurant is closed on Sundays & Bank holidays
- Uniforms provided
- 50% discount in each restaurant
- Company pension scheme
- Meals whilst on duty
- Training & development opportunities
Please note that applications without a CV will not be considered. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days, your application is unlikely to have been successful on this occasion.