Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A) Analyst
- Co-op Live
- Starting from £50,000 per annum
Term: Permanent, 40 hours a week, based on 5 days out of 7.
Location: Co-op Live, Connell College, 301 Alan Turing Way, Manchester M11 3BS, once open relocate to M1 2EJ & Co-op Live at Eastlands.
Salary: Starting from £50,000 per annum + Bonus, based on experience
Team: F&B Hospitality, Oak View Group Hospitality
We’re on a mission to create the best live music experience in the UK.
Co-op Live will offer a food and beverage hospitality service that will put us head and shoulders above the crowd as we welcome over 23,500 fans and amazing artists to taste the delicious food and drinks unique to the space in Manchester.
With 32 amazing bars and restaurants and 12 premium lounges and clubs – we’re going to be delivering an exceptional hospitality service for the people of Manchester and beyond. On the menu will be great food seasoned with world class service and all with a planet friendly vibe in the heart of our vibrant community.
As we gear up to opening our doors in the next 12 months, we’re looking for a Financial Planning Analytics (FP&A) Analyst to join the Food & Beverage Hospitality team leading the annual business planning cycle and quarterly forecasting process. The role will provide an input to the finance transformation project and modernising of reports and dashboards for Co-op Live’s F&B team, preparing and presenting relevant analysis to the business.
Lead food & beverage use of technology and data for OVG Hospitality (UK) to deliver optimised business performance through helping the wider team understand customer behaviours, sales mix, and ensuring food & beverage experiences are frictionless.
- Work with Co-op Live to ensure their F&B systems and processes for business intelligence, financial reporting and revenue generation are market leading
- Oversee the set up and utilisation of our F&B tech stack in Co-op Live which include ePOS, RMS, inventory management, BYOD, and pre-ordering CRM
- Analysis and provision of advice (& opportunity) through the proactive monitoring of performance across business units.
- Input to the short term and long-range planning cycles
- Work with Co-op Live to standardise weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to ensure we are proactively making business decisions based on easy to understand financial and data analysis
- Prepare and present relevant analysis to the business e.g market benchmarking / KPI performance and strategy performance, prepare monthly commentary reports of actual vs budget (/ forecast) and scenario planning
- Partner with OVG Vice President, Finance to build up business cases, run due diligence processes and analytics to support strategic initiatives and closely monitor and manage investment spend.
- Proactively analyse and look for improvement opportunities to enhance performance
- Liaise with key stakeholders such as Hospitality Director, Exec Chef, GM to continually drive ‘value add’ and ‘continuous improvement’ across the business
- Work closely with the leadership team to formulate the businesses medium to long term financial and strategic plan
- Work with Business Leads to build their annual budgets and forecasts
- Produce models to project long term growth and determine the impacting business factors
- Deliver competitor analysis, market trends and associated recommended commentary to the leadership team
- Utilise BI tools to delivery meaningful insights into business performance
- Prepare business cases to support new contracts, contract tenders, investment, strategic and other business decisions
- Evaluate previous budgets and expenditure to develop and implement future budgets
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior management for areas of improvement that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations
- Support the recruitment process and manage a team of Financial and Business Analysts for Food & beverage at Co-op Live and for our F&B subsidiary companies
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- CIMA or ACCA or ACA qualified
- Previous experience within Commercial Analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of the hospitality F&B industry
- Proficiency in accounting and strong knowledge of reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of finance concepts and internal controls
- Knowledge and understanding of technology solutions, how they are set up, how they are optimised, and how they can help drive business performance
- Experience in planning and mobilising F&B technology systems for a large new venue
- Excellent communication with employees, management staff and partner effectively which fosters a positive, enthusiastic, and cooperative work environment
- High level of organisational and project management skills to take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to make sound business/operations decisions quickly in a fast paced environment
- Experience of working in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment
- Lead from the front by creating a team and culture which is focused on delivering the very highest standards
- Build great working, professional relationships
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, stadium or multi-concept venue
Our Inclusion Commitments
Our venue is for the fans, the artists, everyone! Attracting a diverse workforce which reflects our local community is what will make our venue the best music venue in the UK!
We understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence.
We are committed to creating a great place to work amplifying voices from all different backgrounds. There is something for everyone at Co-op Live, come and get involved.
If you do require any additional support or reasonable adjustments to support your application, please let us know and we will work with you to ensure you have everything you need.
We will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the required skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Employee Screening and eligibility to work
We recognise the importance of safeguarding, dependent on role you may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service Check, details of which will be shared with you at interview.
If successful in your application, you will be required to provide eligibility to work evidence in line with the ‘Eligibility to Work in the UK’ requirements.
Similar searches: Catering, Café & Leisure, Manchester