Deputy General Manager- The Castle inn
Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Red Mist Leisure, supporting in our accelerated growth and development from this year?
We are looking for an experienced Deputy General Manager, with demonstrated success, to join our management team.
In the year ahead we will complete a refurbishment of our Castle Inn pub, located in the centre of Farnham on the prestigious Castle Street. Initially opened and re-furbished in February 2019, we are now looking to develop our premium offering with the right management team being key to this project journey.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Deputy General Manager who shares our passion for great food and drink. You will be a highly valued and crucial part of the front of house team, capable of managing, supporting and motivating the bar and front of house team to ensure that our customers have an exceptional experience every time. You will work closely with the General Manager to maintain the highest standards of operation, taking ownership over operational decisions and management of team members. You will be a key contributor to the success of our pub.
- Annual salary of £26,000 to 28,000 per annum
- Annual bonus based on agreed criteria up to £1,500 paid annually
- Share of gratuities circa £4,000 per annum, paid monthly
Other support to you…
- Free meals on duty
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs for up to 4 people
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- Increased annual leave through length of service
- 3% maximum pension contribution
- Reduced rate if you wish to join the private healthcare scheme with Westfield Health
- Our new induction programme and Career Path offers structured development and career progression, supporting in being ready for new opportunities within a growing business
- Monthly & annual ‘Shining Star’ nominations and awards
- Regular social events and familiarisation trips
- Regular in-house team competitions
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more…
- Involvement in our charity days and events
What we need from you
- A passion for great food and drink. We want our people to express real enthusiasm and love for the fresh food and array of drinks we offer
- A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
- An exceptional level of communication to ensure that all customers queries are treated in a professional manner
- An honest, dedicated and hardworking approach
- Enthusiasm. You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results
- A great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and your team members
- Motivation skills to be able to develop others and to be able to create and bond a team together
- Adaptability to be able to work at our other sites within the group as required
- Respect for your colleagues and company equipment
- To be able to maintain consistently exceptional levels of cleanliness
- Ambition and drive to achieve all operational standards and commercial targets
- The ability to take the lead and have the energy and drive to manage, support and motivate the front of house team to achieve impeccable standards in all aspects of the operation.
- Engagement with the local community to develop trade, improve the reputation of the pub and to ensure the pub is an essential pillar in the community
- The experience to deputise for the Pub Manager when necessary to ensure the pub runs smoothly
- Proficient in IT, with an understanding of spread sheets and social media
- The ability to maximise sales through quickly and professionally dealing with all event and function enquiries.
- Collaboration with the Pub Manager to identify new ways to improve the guest experience
- An understanding of the annual budget, managing labour costs through accurate and controlled scheduling of teams