General Manager - The Parrot Inn - Shalford, Guildford
Want to be part of our exciting new chapter at Red Mist Leisure, supporting in our accelerated growth and development from this year?
We are looking for an experienced General Manager, with demonstrated success, to join our management team at Red Mist Leisure.
In early 2022 we will be completing a full refurbishment and re-opening of The Parrot Inn pub, located in Shalford, Surrey. We are looking for the successful General Manager to start with Red Mist Leisure this summer, ensuring full training and development of our company standards and systems is completed before leading the launch of this new pub.
You will be a strong and enthusiastic leader, leading from the front with proven capability of developing, managing and motivating front of house and kitchen teams.
This role will give you the opportunity to lead and evolve in the operational standards as well as exceed budgeted commercial expectations through a clear understanding of GP, P&L and labour costs.
You will work closely with the Head Chef and company Directors as a key contributor to the success of the pub and Red Mist Leisure.
You will be key to ensuring a high level of customer service, to build our reputation and become first choice in our customer’s eyes.
- Annual salary of £36,000 to £38,000 per annum
- Annual bonus based on agreed criteria and targeted results, paid annually
- Share of gratuities circa £5,000 per annum, paid monthly
What we need from you
- Successful leadership experience motivating and developing others and to be able to create and shape a team together, retaining people and increasing team morale. You will do this through regular 1:1s and a structured appraisal system, understanding and recognising their development wants and needs to ensure the success of their progression within the business
- You will be independent and self-sufficient, confident in making clear business decisions and being able to deliver a structured plan as to how you will achieve the business goals.
- A passion for great food and drink. We want our people to express real enthusiasm and love for the fresh food and array of drinks we offer.
- A customer focussed mindset. You will always strive to please them, constantly adapting to ensure you are exceeding their expectations.
- An exceptional level of communication to ensure that all customers, staff queries, and Director updates are approached in a professional and consistent manner.
- An honest, dedicated and hardworking approach
- Strong Enthusiasm. You will take real pride in achieving exceptional results and ensuring that your enthusiasm is filtered through your team.
- A great sense of humour! You will enjoy your work and the interaction you have with customers and your team members.
- Ambition and drive, being standards driven to achieve all operational standards and commercial targets
- Engagement with the local community to develop trade, improve the reputation of the pub and to ensure the pub is an essential pillar in the community with the ability and initiative to maximise sales through quickly and professionally dealing with all enquiries.
- Strong commercial awareness and a real interest in business trends within the pub industry with the ability to maximise profits and reduce costs.
- Health & safety aware always, ensuring that health and safety procedures are maintained, monitored, and recorded correctly.
- Proficient in IT, with an understanding of spread sheets and social media
Other support to you
- Private health care through Westfield Health
- 3% maximum pension contribution
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- Company mobile phone and laptop
- Increased annual leave through length of service.
- Free meals on duty
- Our new induction programme and Career Path offers structured development and career progression, supporting in being ready for new opportunities within a growing business.
- Regular social events and familiarisation trips
- Regular in-house team competitions and recognition awards
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, cinemas and more
- Involvement in our charity days and events